This article provides information on transferring your existing domain name to Pitchero and connecting to your club website.
Before we can initiate the transfer, we need to establish whether your club's domain name is in a transferrable status.
To do this, please provide answers to the following questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- What is your club's custom domain?
- Who is your current domain name provider? (This is the company you bought the domain from)
- Has the domain been purchased in the last 60 days?
- Has the domain been transferred between domain name providers in the last 60 days?
- Does the domain have any suspensions or privacy settings enabled on it?
- Do you have any email account boxes associated with your custom domain name?
As the domain transfer is transferred, any mailboxes and forwarders associated with the domain name will cease to exist. You can create the mailboxes and forwarders again in your club control panel once the domain transfer has been completed.
How to transfer your existing domain
Once you have sent over information for your club's domain name listed in the Eligibility section, the process of transferring the domain name will be handled by email.
Whilst the domain name transfer is being processed, you may experience some temporary downtime accessing your website using the domain name during the transfer process.
Domain names ending in '.uk' are typically the quickest to process taking around 1-2 working days. Domain names ending in '.com', '.net' can take up to 3-5 working days.
In some cases, the transfer process may take longer.
Domain names registered to Pitchero are renewed automatically providing the club is on the Elite or Ultimate package.
If your club website has reverted to the Free package or defaulted on a payment for the website package subscription, we cannot guarantee the domain name will be renewed automatically.