This article provides information about registering a domain name for your Pitchero website.
Clubs on the Elite and Ultimate package can connect a custom domain name to their website.
Using a custom domain adds a more professional look and feel to the website (as opposed to using a handle URL provided by Pitchero) and can help to promote your website ranking on search engines.
There are three ways that a club can connect a domain name to the website:
- Register a new domain name (continue reading this article)
- Transfer your existing domain name to Pitchero. Click here for more information
- Map your existing domain name to the website. Click here for more information
Registering a new domain name
The club can register one domain name with Pitchero at any time.
- Go to your club control panel
- Click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu
- Click 'Domain name'' from the Settings sub-menu
- Click 'Register a new domain'
- Enter the 'Domain name' you would like to register and check to see if it is available
- Click 'Register'
- Enter your details in the following form to finish
Domain names registered to Pitchero are renewed automatically providing the club is on the Elite or Ultimate package.
If your club website has reverted to the Free package or defaulted on a payment for the website package subscription, we cannot guarantee the domain name will be renewed automatically.