This article explains how you can connect a custom domain name to your Pitchero Club website.
If you have a domain name hosted outside of Pitchero, no problem, you're able to map your existing domain to point to your Pitchero Club website.
To do this:
- You need access to the registrar control panel for your domain name
- The club needs to be on the Elite or Ultimate package
- The club cannot have a different domain name attached to the website
Configure the domain name with the current registrar
- Access the Advanced DNS settings within your domain registrar's control panel. (A domain name registrar is a company that manages the purchase of domain names)
- Create a CNAME record for the 'www' part of your domain pointing to cname.pitchero.com
- After waiting 24 hours for your changes to take effect, you can attach the domain to your Pitchero website via the settings section of your club control panel
Connect the domain name to the website
In order to connect your domain name to your Pitchero Club website, you need to have first completed the steps outlined in Configure the domain name with the current registrar.
- Go to your club control panel
- Click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu
- Click 'Domain name'' from the sub-menu
- Click 'Connect my new domain'
- Enter your 'Domain Name'
- Click 'Save'
Please note: Domain configurations can take up to 24 hours to complete and you may experience downtime on your website while this is processing
There is an option to transfer the domain name to Pitchero. In doing so, Pitchero will take care of the registration and upkeep of the domain name. For more information, please see Transfer the club's domain name to Pitchero.
If your club has chosen to register the domain name outside of Pitchero, it's the club's responsibility to ensure the domain name is renewed and continued to be mapped to the Pitchero Club website.
If the domain configuration settings are changed or domain name not renewed, you may not be able to access the website using the domain name.