As of the 11th of September 2018, we have simplified assignment statuses in the Club Control Panel to represent the current state of the assignment at the current moment in time. These are represented by one of three statuses;
- Not paid - This is the default of all new assignments, subscriptions that have missed their last payment and refunded/chargeback assignments.
- Part paid - This status represents a product variant that is a single one-off payment that's received a payment of less than the variant total amount.
- Paid - This status represents a product variant that has been paid in full for that moment in time.
To help clarify this further please find some scenarios below.
A club creates a new product tour called "Pre-season tour" that has two variants;
- A one-off payment of £200.00.
- A monthly subscription of £20.00 for 10 months.
The club creates 6 new assignments for this product and by default, the status of all of these assignments is set to "Not paid".
- Assignment one: John never actually buys the product and the status remains as "Not paid".
- Assignment two: Ben pays £100.00 in cash, which is registered as a manual payment. The status is set to "Part Paid" because Ben still owes the clubs £100.00 for the tour.
- Assignment three: Mohammed buys the one-off payment product variant through Pitchero and his status is set to "Paid".
- Assignment four: Chris buys the monthly subscription product through Pitchero and pays the first months payment, at that moment in time the assignment is set to "Paid". However, the following month, Chris's payment fails because he doesn't have enough money in his bank account and the status is updated to "Not paid". This is because Chris has only paid £20.00 of the £40.00 due to that moment in time, please note that a "Part paid" status cannot be set on a subscription.
- Assignment five: Joe buys the monthly subscription product through Pitchero and pays each monthly payment with no issues, therefore, the status is set to "Paid". As Joe has paid the total value of the subscription each time in full.
- Assignment six: Jamie buys a one-off payment product variant through Pitchero and his status is set to "Paid", however, Jamie requests a refund the club as he realises that he cannot make the tour. The refund is granted and process via the payment provider, which results in the status being marked as "Not paid" because the club has received £0.00 from Jamie.
We have also added in the ability for a club to override the status of an assignment, for example;
- Grace has an assignment for a product variant worth £100.00 and has paid £50.00 in cash, which would result in the status being set to "Part paid". Grace works for 5 hours in the club shop, therefore as a club, it's decided that Grace no longer needs to pay the remaining £50.00 and the assignment is overridden and marked as "Paid".
Overriding a status will prevent any statuses to be set automatically and should only be used when you know that no further payments are due for the product variant.
Assignments that have a status of "Not paid" and do not have a total payment amount can be removed. Typically you might want to remove assignments where the assigned user has never bought the product or where the assigned user has been given a full refund/chargeback for the product, for example;
- Assignment one: Susan has been assigned to buy a product after a while it's determined that Susan doesn't want to purchase this product. You can then simply remove the assignment for Susan and she wouldn't be requested to make payments in the future.
- Assignment two: Julie was assigned and paid for £100.00 for a product, but a refund claim is made that is processed with the full amount of £100.00 being paid back to Julie. The assignment status is set to "Not paid" and the payment amount is now £0.00 because no money is to be received for the product, therefore, this assignment can be removed.
The transaction statuses haven't changed, therefore when you go into an assignment you can see statuses such as "Refunded", 'Chargeback", "Failed" etc. You can still filter on these when you access the all transactions list view.