create a windows app for those of us with windows phones

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Moiya Heyburn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Jon Milsom responded  · 

We are focusing our resource on iOS and Android apps as these have much higher usage across our network.

All of our public facing websites are now fully responsive in the web browser – this means that mobiles devices have an improved experience.
https://www.pitchero.com/blog/2015/08/20/445-major-update--club-and-league-websites-now-look-ev

We are constantly re-developing our admin panels to improve the user experience on mobile.

We will continue to monitor demand for Windows apps.

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve Chiverton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Laura ~ Please consider a windows version.

Pitchero say they are always pro active to their customers yet when you first brought out the phone version ~ many windows customers fed back to you and nothing was done

• Laura French commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please develop the Windows app - I am the primary webmaster for my team and it would make it so much easier to work the website without having to use my laptop all the time!

• Dominic Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting fed of receiving emails urging me to enter a prize draw to win some goodies when I am blocked from doing so by a lack of developer support.

My email to Pitchero:
    Dear Pitchero,

I would love to download both the club app and the manger app however you do not see fit to make either available on my mobile platform (Windows Phone 8.1).

Do please take this as my entry to your prize draw in lieu of my downloading.

By the by, have you considered developing a unified app (runs on both WP 8 and W 8).

Sent from my Windows Phone

Their response:

Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your e-mail.

We will not be looking to launch a Windows Phone app in the near future. We may consider this further down the line and we welcome you to vote on the feature request via the link below.

http://help.pitchero.com/forums/105399-feature-requests/suggestions/5639473-create-a-windows-app-for-those-of-us-with-windows

You can only be in the running to win the prize draw if you download the app I'm afraid.

Thanks,
    Pitchero

Unimpressed doesn't cover it.

• Martin Kearn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a few facts for consideration ..... Windows Phone now holds 12% market share in the UK. 7" and 8" Windows tablets will be available for the £100 price point soon so expect the market share for tablets to rise sharply in the run up to the 2014 festive season. It is now possible to create a 'universal' app which spans both Windows platforms. Windows is not going away and the sooner app developers recognise its significant place in the market, the better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base