I suggest you ...

Create a 'Tournament' option in the fixtures bit.

Create a tournament option in the fixtures section

We play a number of tournaments throughout the year and I still want to use the player availability option to confirm who can play or not, but we can't enter the results.

If you can create a fixture which is a tournament so you can sort out players beforehand. In the results section for the tournament you should be able to input the fixtures that you played ie. 5/6 matches with results and statistics for scorers etc.

A tournament should only count as one appearance for a player, but at least they would get their appearance and their goals (if any) recognised.

Currently using the existing fixture option and calling the opposition the name of the tournament, but it's not the best. I don't want to call it an event as you can't see who isn't available because it doesn't give people that option. You also then can't record appearances and goals.

Thoughts ...

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Rebecca Lovie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Daniel Greenhalgh responded  · 

Good suggestion but adding special cases for tournaments would likely take a long time to implement and add a lots of complexity I’m afraid. We don’t have any plans to implement this at the moment I’m afraid.

Feel free to contact our support team if you need any help managing your fixtures.

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tracie Whitaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the of the above and the comments. it is great that tournaments are in the drop down box, but the recording of results and Tournament functionality would be a massive bonus for our team and club

• Rebecca Lovie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Depending on who is organising the tournament perhaps the League / County sites could be given this functionality?

• Dominic Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Mini Rugby it would be great to be able to add the Festivals we attend and have a break down of the games played at each one rather than having a single entry marked as one game.

The same would work really well for clubs that enter sevens or tens tournaments.

• Leon Potts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would agree with adding a tournament feature to encorporate within one day a number of matches/results/reports and player attendance organisation. It may be worth being able to enter the name of a tournament and then list the teams that are within it from which you can pick each match. Also as well as individual match reports it may be worth having an overall tournament report. Some features for tournament hosts may be useful such as being able to publicise details to people outside the club (e.g. in news/events pages) and possibly even as a premium feature to accept payment for other teams/players to register/pay registration fees.

• Simon Annicchiarico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would welcome a tournament feature on the website that would allow us to invite and market the tournament to other clubs, provide all the information about the clubs attending, the games and results etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base