I suggest you ...

Remove or reduce Pitchero advertising on Premium accounts

Despite having paid for the full Premium features, including the Creative customisation. We still have a huge Pitchero advertising panel at the bottom of our website, advertising Pitchero and its premium features. These doesn't seem right with a paid service. Might I suggest removing or at least significantly reducing the Pitchero product advertising on Premium accounts, once we have actually paid for all the services. Thank you.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Simon Annicchiarico shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminJon Milsom (CTO, Pitchero) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marco,

Our advertising partner try to keep those kind of ads to a minimum; you guys don't like them and believe it or not, they don't make us any money so it's in all of our interests to remove them. If you do see something grossly inappropriate please email a screenshot and the URL to support@pitchero.com

In regard to blocking of ads, we are doing this programatically throughout the Pitchero network. On your part just make sure your site is setup correctly... junior teams in the junior section and make sure people are registered & logging in.

Thanks,
    Jon

• Marco Crolla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to echo the general sentiment on this thread. We have formed a youth rugby club and keep getting the "ever been arrested" ad. Not very youth friendly.

Jon, you mentioned "we have added the facility to target or block certain types of adverts based on the page they are shown on". Please explain how this is done. I cannot see it in my Club Creative tabs.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

After consultation with our advertising provider we have added the facility to target or block certain types of adverts based on the page they are shown on.

For example, Clubs with Club Creative should not have their background image overwritten - we have now added a flag that identifies Clubs with Club Creative to our advertising partner and have instructed them not to run "skins" on these tags (i.e. your background image shouldn't be replaced).

The large panel at the bottom of Club Websites advertising premium features was removed some time ago.

Regarding the large billboard type adverts which appeared at the top of your websites, we have a full update here:
    http://help.pitchero.com/forums/105399-feature-requests/suggestions/4094619-stop-the-huge-banner-adverts-right-accross-the-top

Finally, we are also looking to introduce more targeting such as "youth/juniors" etc to the tags and target any adult themed adverts (alcohol etc) away from these.

We will continue to read your feedback.

• Simon Annicchiarico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be grateful to know when you might have a solution for us please though Jon? It is important to my committee that Pitchero is seen to be listening to these ideas and concerns. Regards.

Thanks for the rant Roy. In Pitchero's defence though, I think you are missing the point. Used fully the Pitchero solution is way more than a website content editor; it is an integrated website, membership crm database / communication tool and ecommerce / membership subscriptions solution. These last two features being valuable new functionality that all clubs can now benefit from at a reasonable shared investment. All we need now is improved control over the site content / homepage layout and Pitchero advertising display, plus perhaps a corporate / sponsorship module that allows more control over our own sponsor advertising and prominence, and we will have a good balance of ours and Pitchero's revenue needs. Regards.

Hi Roy,

The 14 day trial is completely free and you do not have to enter any card details. It looks like you might have missed the "free trial" button and instead hit "buy now". There was no need to pay £12 to use the trial. I'd be happy to refund this for you.

You are entitled to your opinion and you are perfectly free to create your own website away from Pitchero, but for the clubs that continue to use Pitchero year on year, we believe we add an enormous amount of value which in some cases is provided for free.

Pitchero is not just a "template" with a "hosting package" our features are tailored specifically to the needs of sports clubs and have been developed over several years of feedback.

• Roy Buckley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well tried this out for our new club site I took the paid option and started my 14 day free trial yesterday, realised it wasn’t for me or our club so cancelled and took my site some were else. to many adverts and not enough control over the site content, and at nearly £400 a year every year your taking the mick, the only way you will get satisfaction people it to take your money somewhere else, this hole system needs the numbers and figures you put into it, so you do all the work each season and these people share it for you to everyone else, great way of getting everyone else to do your work for you and the best is you all pay for the privilege twice, once in subscriptions and the other in advertising revenue your site earns them,
    nearly £400 a year is a rip off for nothing more than a template and a hosting package, most hosting companies charge about 30 to 70 pounds a year to host a site and in your cpanel is a hole box of tricks for doing just this and lot more, and best of all the only adverts allowed are the ones you put up, the only disadvantage is you need to know a bit more about what you’re doing, not a lot but some.
    The thing that makes this site good is you the customer, and without you it would have nothing, a lot of the data available is available for free on the net in lots of places, what’s not available is you and your football enthusiastic friends and family and all the data you put in each week, you’re the people stood out on the field then going back to your computers to report what you just saw, you’re the one who provides the figures and numbers every week and you put it into your sites which then goes into their data base. So if you lot didn’t fill in your result and your scores and all the other info you put in they wouldn’t have anything to sell.
    When you look at it like this then they should be paying you to put a site up not the other way around so the adverts splashed all over the page when you’re paying a subscription is just unacceptable and the only way people like this understand it is to take your cash some were else, at the moment they are having your pants down because your football geeks and not computer geeks and worse still the service is rubbish
    You won’t be listened to and I will come back next year and see exactly the same load of post asking for exactly the same thing, web companies only listen to stats not people, affect their stats and then they will listen until then walk or put up with it.
    Well I have a site to see to I only decided to vent this because am angry that I took the 14 day free trial, I could see that it wasn’t for me in less than an hour so I cancelled, only to find that you have already took the money, some free trial it didn’t last an hour never mind 14 days.
    Well good look with your campaign people

Hi Jon,

Thanks for putting this Under Review, seeing how the thread of my original suggestion has developed and recently taking feedback from our Commercial Manager who looks after our sponsors, I think this topic is very important.

It seems to me that there are a number of areas of concern:
    1) The suitability of the advertising for children in particular
    2) The dominance of your advertising supplier adverts compared to our club sponsor adverts
    3) The dominance of your own Pitchero product advertising
    4) The suitability of this when a club is paying for Premium Features

I have found the Pitchero solution to very good value and I love the direction of the new membership and payment features, although I have yet to use them in anger. However we are in danger of having club sponsorship withdrawn on the basis that our sponsor adverts are not prominent enough and are drowned out by your own advertising, so this is now losing us very important money.

I would like to see improvements in this area as soon as possible please, I can understand that if a club is getting the solution for free then they can be happy with any setup but this needs immediate attention for paying clubs and a more appropriate balance needs to be achieved that meets our sponsors needs, parents needs and doesn't devalue the web experience with too much advertising noise.

I would be grateful to know when you might have a solution for us please?

Kind regards

Simon

• Pitch Hero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Christian as per our update on the other thread (http://help.pitchero.com/forums/105399-feature-requests/suggestions/4094619-stop-the-huge-banner-adverts-right-accross-the-top), the trial end dates were unfortunately mis-communicated. The only outstanding campaign is now Google Chrome, which ends on the 7th July.

Regarding skins etc on those clubs paying for club creative we are still waiting on our technology provider to propose the best way forward. A lot of these issues are teething problems due to changing advertising provider.

We will update this thread ASAP.

• Brian Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time to vote with your feet guys, we are leaving Pitchero. Loads of promises that things will be put right when clearly they won't be, betting adverts on junior football sites, 15+ rated films advertised on the same, photos left against wrong teams by migration, match reports and fixtures against the wrong team, the mini soccer and junior side of our website is a total mess. Loads of promises for a chap who issisted on calling me Brian Potter throughout. 3 months ago I would advise everyone to use them, now I would say to avoid at all costs.

• Frazer Club Admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just a note to pitchero there are laws that have to be applied to advertising including the option to 'mute' it. Your adverts are forced upon with no option of turning off. Advertising Standards Authority may have something to say.

• Christian Sangiuseppe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update please Jon? It's been a week since your "trials" should have ended with regards to this new advertising system which is unacceptable and it's still splattered all over our club website. Can you sort this out please?

• Anton Dinkelmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I agree with having the ability to modify advertising settings.

My quandary is having a club sponsor with a rival showing up on one of the other pages or adverts with adult content which does not go down well with the parents

• Matt Giles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree with all of the below. If we as customers pay for a creative license then that should really reduce the amount of advertising we should expect on our sites. We are paying for a premium service here!

• Pep (Parent) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everything below. Money and greed will always be painted over by them with 'we need adverts to keep going'. OK just refund all our creative costs. Thank you.

• Dave Winpenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree but Pitchero seem to have become deaf. Its clear that they have switched their model to funding from advertisements from bookmakers (not good for a family club to be seen to be advertising gambling!).
    But they are NOT listening either so its time to step up the campaign to get them to listen.

• Richard Wincote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support fully fellow rugby member Christian Sangiuseppe's comments. What was a CLUB site, with many young member viewers, is fast becoming advertising wallpaper, with far too much of the Home page devoted to often inappropriate advertising.

• Brian Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Vote to stop this?? If your site has kids pages on there, I suggest you report Pitchzero to your governing body, the FA in our case. I will do in the morning.

• Andrew Dickinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest batch of advertising is not good !

Since we've paid for "Creative" then our background should show all the time - it shouldn't be overwritten by a Sky Sports ad unless Pitchero refund us the time when our background doesn't show. We've paid for "Creative" to change the background to how we want it to look.

In addition to that, we've now got adverts appearing at the top that, as stated earlier, take up a 1/3 of the viewing area.

I'm not sugegsting we don't see any ads, the less intrusive ones are just about acceptable but if you're paying for the service then we should at least see a reduction on the number of ads - we certainly shouldn't be seeing the distasteful betting ads we're subjected to at the moment.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base