I suggest you ...

Enable management of recipients in contact form

The club members that appear in the contact form drop-down are not necessarily appropriate. As a webmaster I do not wish to receive comments/questions regarding specific age groups and have to forward them. There should be the ability to manage the names and descriptions that appear here. For example "Joe Bloggs - Clubhouse Manager" or "U14 Team admins".

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John Holah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any movement on this one Pitchero? This is a royal PITA for me as the primary webmaster, I get all kinds of messages that should go elsewhere. Right now this is one factor in me not migrating our minis site...

• Mark Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It Would be good to see the spec for the front end - my suggestions with no default to force a selection

Staff Positions (ordered as per website) - Role (Name)
    Team Managers (ordered as per website) Team (Name)
    Webmasters

Most of the contact I get as a primary webmaster is for teams - I put staff first to catch the CWO in the first list.

The key is to not have a default contact and force the selection of the appropriate role. We do have some who refuse to join Pitchero but do have a valid email address so this needs to be in the functionality.

Mark

• Julian Daddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi - while this might be the right process for some clubs our club prefers all contact to come to one email address (shared across our committee) to ensure the right first contact is made, the email is sent to the correct team and a response is sent promptly to the person contacting us.

Please allow an option to keep just one contact option in 'Contact Form' for those clubs not wanting emails going direct to team contacts. Thanks.

• Gareth Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No chance we could see the spec then. Pitchero seems to drive it's implementations roughshod over the user base, without any proper consultation.

• Adrian Langdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no role in the club other than the primary webmaster so I don't want all the day to day mail. I flagged this over 2 years ago but nothing has been done.... please explain Pitchero!

• Nick Wyatt-Sugg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I agree the ability to have the correct person receiving the relevant emails is important to us as a club as well. We are having to remove people from the webmaster role just to suit our contact form.

• Rod Nicolson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real issue for us. Many people in the club don't need to and don't want to be listed in the contact form - it's a real turn-off some some and prevents them using the site.

Gareth Jones' comment below is spot on.

As a webmaster I want to define the contacts for specific scenarios (membership, commercial opps, safeguarding, website, etc.) and the email addresses these messages go to, so I can ensure that only the most appropriate people are listed. I'd also like to set a custom subject line that is prepended to the subject from the sender, e.g. Club Website: <user's subject>

• Gareth Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to customise the contact form for different contacts is a must. eg a drop down for i) new members II) clubhouse hire iii) general etc. and then each selection goes to a different contact email.

The current situation is pretty archaic...

• Martin Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for me also. We need to direct people to the correct contacts and not reply on one webmaster. As suggested it should be role based not person. Is this note the same request as;

http://help.pitchero.com/forums/105399-feature-requests/suggestions/2973264-enable-management-of-recipients-in-contact-form

This then has more votes as one request rather that 2 may I suggest. Webmaster for this forum can you sort this out please.

• Martin Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for me also. We need to direct people to the correct contacts and not reply on one webmaster. As suggested it should be role based not person. Is this note the same request as;
    http://help.pitchero.com/forums/105399-feature-requests/suggestions/2080627-seperate-contact-email-from-the-primary-webmaster

This then has more votes as one request rather that 2 may I suggest.

• Andrew Dickinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Just joined Pitchero and as webmaster I've started receiving loads of messages relating to trials etc because folk use the "CONTACTS & LOCATION" section instead of the "Contact Us" under "Club Info". Totally pointless them coming to me .. just massively increases my workload forwarding them on etc. If people want to contact the club then they want to contact the club not the Webmaster. The drop down box should have the club officials on it.

• Kingstonian FC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very significant issue for us. The site's primary webmaster shouldn't end up getting all emails, but this happens because there is no option to add instruction or manage the contact form.

Most of the contacts we would sign-post to aren't even webmasters. We've added all of the email addresses to the relevant people on the 'officials' page, but ultimately the 'contact form' page is seriously failing to serve purpose properly, and is actually adding to admin workload.

• Adrian Langdon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get dozens of club e mails as webmster and then have to forward them on. People don't use the contct form under CLUB just the one that is titled CONTACT & INFORMATION.
    I can't find a way of stopping it happening. ie. changing the tab titles?

• julian cooke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it is nonsensical that the webmaster whose purpose is to manage the website should be in a contact list for club enquires!!

This needs to be an editable list please....

• BTYFC Webteam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought i'd requested this (must have been on old support system) - IT IS A MUST

We need the ability to manully populate and rank the drop down and potentially add some custom text advising users to select collect contact.

Mark

• J Perks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understood that the Contact Form had a drop down list of Web Masters for people to select the most appropriate person to correspond with.

John Perkins
    Newark RUFC

Feedback and Knowledge Base