I suggest you ...

Ability To Lock Down Under 7's and 8's Results and Match Reports To Members Only

Due to FA Guidelines we need the ability to only allow our members to view the Match Reports and Results for Under 7 and Under 8 teams. Without this we cannot post results or write meaningful match reports.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt D shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Jon Milsom responded  · 

We are working on the best way to integrate this functionality into our platform.

52 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Colin H - i think you might have missed the whole point of the request - the point is that anyone can read the match reports - ie you don't have to be signed in. In terms of learning bad habits etc - these are just match reports of what happened in a game that the members of our club like to read and find out how our teams got on.

• Mark Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our U7s and U8s actively post match reports - links to these appear on the home page and on the clubs RSS feed.

They are missing from the activity feed (may now be fixed as last post was 4th Feb.)

They are also missing from the results tab on the home page (fixtures, results, tables) but I guess this is expected as they do not post results as not allowed to.

Ideally we need a WCP option that blocks the resulst from certain teams and fixtures as we are only allowed to record results from U9 cup matches (as U8s can play up a year in league matches)

• Pitch Hero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mark,

I've just checked our code for this area, and it looks like results are not a prerequisite for a match report to be entered. (Excluding activity feeds... but I've just relaxed this rule).

Does this tally with your experience? Can you point out a place on the site that this isn't the case.

What we need and has been asked for before is a way of promoting the MATCH REPORT without having to record a results

As before we need a switch to turn off the results and tables areas of the website for specific teams (currently this option is with sections)

• Colin Holce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The children themselves cannot even read the reports unless they use someone else's email (parent/carer?) address so this is not really an issue. However although this is meant to be fun at this age they are at risk of learning bad habits regarding game play and behaviour.

FA guidelines: Results cannot be record or hinted at via match reports for games containing players who are U8 and below at the start of the season.
    Recent advice from our county FA is this also preculdes reporting on U9 matches as U8's can be playing up a year (you may not have any U8's playing up but do the opposition). County and League Cup matches can have results reported if U8's are not allowed to play for U9 teams in the fixtures as per our County and League rules.

Match Reports must remain open IMHO - Statistcs can be collected but should be set to private (as for all U18 teams)

What I would like to see is a Webmaster switch to disable results and tables for specific teams - basically an extension of the current topic on/off check boxes for sections, as we have U10s in minis along with U9s, U8s and U7s.

I am also not sure where the FA wil go with the grassroots review, some of our local leagues are even now planning on not recording goals just win, loose or draw at speific age groups next season

• jason dyche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

George and Jay my twin boys look forward to viewing the reports and scores , this also helps with there reading skills.
    Football is a team game its not about individuals,for a parent its great to see improvement's also like to add the Colron website is a huge improvement on the previous network.

Jason Dyche

• Tracey Dugmore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well how ridiculous has the whole world gone mad
    Obviously
    There 7 and 8
    It's not exactley
    The Premiership
    Omg

• Sara Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to post match reports and results it is great fun for the kids and supporters

• samantha ford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its ridiculous some parents cant make the games and love reading up on whats happened in the match

• David Cutler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to post results - my son loves reading the match reports - looking at the stats Etc. Children need to learn about both winning and losing. The main thing is thaey must enjoy it and learn.
    Without the post - the team building experinece will no longer be apparant and in an open forum.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base