I suggest you ...

Ability To Lock Down Under 7's and 8's Results and Match Reports To Members Only

Due to FA Guidelines we need the ability to only allow our members to view the Match Reports and Results for Under 7 and Under 8 teams. Without this we cannot post results or write meaningful match reports.

289 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt D shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Jon Milsom responded  · 

We are working on the best way to integrate this functionality into our platform.

52 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Liam Whitehead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to just be able to add a match report with general comments like player X was MOM, player Y showed some great footwork etc. The need to add fixtures and results is just an added complication for junior teams and is not necessary.

• Richard Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We agree with most of comments below that U 7 U8 & U9 results should be able to be locked down so members or event parents only can see these and yes for next yr u 10 and the following year u 11

Come on pitchero gives us an answer if this is coming soon please

Upper Hopton

• Club Secretary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this get resolved? I'd also like to share match reports for u9/8/7 but cannot mark as private to members only.

Pitchero - can this be done?

• Andrew Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add, the FA have banned under 9 reporting and scores as well now so this age group would need locking down as well

• Andrew Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love writing reports and posting the results because i combine this with the stats etc which my players and parents love.

I fully understand the FA's stance on not promoting results and reports, but if we had a function not to show results to the wider public but onlyviewable by proper members of your site that would be great.

My players and parents want to read the reports, want to see the score, want to see who played, scored, kept a clean sheet etc.

PLEASE sort this issue out and make the u7, u8 and u9s scores and reports only viewable by proper members of your website.

Andy Parsons | bedworthunitedjuniors.co.uk | #bufcjuniors

• Julian Daddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a very helpful addition and would help drive more users to the site form the U7 and U8 teams

• Mark Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I have just spotted that similar finctionality is offered by FA Full Time - strange

QUOTE:
    We've now added an enhancement which allows scores to be auto-hidden for all games in a division.

An enhancement has been added to Full-Time allowing leagues to automatically hide the scores for all games in a division (this can also be done for cup competitions, and other fixture groups).

Divisions whose scores have been set as auto-hidden will now generate outgoing SMS messages if leagues are using the SMS functionality, and when any incoming score is received, Full-Time will automatically hide the score.

This functionality has been added mainly for U7 and U8 Mini-Soccer divisions, as leagues should not be publishing these results (nor league tables), but may record and collate them for streaming purposes.

To set scores for a division to be auto-hidden, go to League Setup, Divisions and click Edit. Once found, check the Hide Score box.

Source:
    http://full-time.thefa.com/NewsItem.do?noticePlacementID=6733507&noticeID=1875733

• Matt D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to be an authorised member (not just a supporter) to access videos etc if that's how you choose to set up your site. We are just asking for the same flexibility for match reports and results to allow us to choose how we feed information back to the rest of our club.

• Martyn Sexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matt

Understand but it is Birmingham County FA and not the FA. Is the guidance not as follows:- Under 6's, Under 7's and Under 8's are not permitted to play in leagues or tournaments where results are collected or published or winner trophies are presented.

The FA Handbook states :- "To play in a KO Cup game or a game where points are awarded, or results published, a player must have achieved the age of 8 on or before 31st August."

Allowing results to be stored on a website is recording results.

How will you react if other Clubs object to having scores recorded?

Does this not just keep things under cover? What's stopping someone being a 'supporter' of all the Clubs in a league and then finding out everyone's results.

The relevance is that these are the guidelines we have been given by the Birmingham FA and I haven't yet found a way of attending all 6 under 7 and 8's games on a Sunday morning to know all the results. I agree that there are lots of clubs displaying results for Under 7's and 8's but we were trying to provide information to our members that they want to see in a way that met with FA approval.

Matt, I don't see the relevance of results being tied down to members. Surely these members were at the games and therefore know the results.

This in my opinion goes against what the Nick Levett and the FA Development team are trying to achieve in making them undercover. Who knows what connections members that could see the results have, so best to leave out results all together?

There are Clubs on pitchero that carry in showing results at U7 / U8 any way.

One small point is that there could be more people against this suggestion than in favour of it because you can't give -ve votes!

@Martyn - if they are locked down to members only then no-one outside of your club will know the results and therefore (rightly) you can't compile tables etc. The locking down is the original request. Cheers Matt

Once again County FAs are not all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Out County FA will not allow results to be collated so listing a teams results throughout the season could be seen to be doing this as if all the teams do it then next thing there will be league tables too.

Interesting point raised for the future by Stephen H

I would like to see the ability to turn off Results and Tables on a Team by Team basis as this level of control may become necessary

• Stephen Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The FA plan to add other age groups in the coming years.
    Also no Results are to be shown for the Following Age Groups.
    Season 2013/14 : U7 to U9
    Season 2014/15 : U7 to U10
    Season 2015/16 : U7 to U11

Hi Jon,

We received a mail from the Birmingham FA and in it they say ..

"In general terms you cannot display scores relating to U7 and U8 Football. However there has been a general relaxing of the rule to make it more commonsense. Therefore on the strict proviso that it is not public accessed we would not necessarily have an issue on match reports and indication of score. I think the manner in which the reports are written is the critical factor"

I sent a copy of that mail to support@pitchero.com on 18/11/11 with the Birmingham FA contact details. This is why we want to be able post reports and results that are locked down to members only as the FA has said that we can do. We have 6 under 7 and under 8 teams in total and we (members of our site) all want to see how our teams have done.

Cheers Matt

• AdminJon Milsom (CTO, Pitchero) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Mark, as you've highlighted that only seems to affect results (which you can ommit). Can anyone else supply information specifically related to Match Reports?

Hi - not an answer to Match Reports (can;t find one) BUT directly relevant for Results.

##
    extract from: The Football Association Laws for Mini-Soccer. For Players (both boys and girls over the Age of 6 and under 10)(Updated by The FA Council on 15th May 2008)

Please note: Where Leagues operate Under 11 Mini-Soccer events, they must follow these Laws. Please remember: Under 7’s or Under 8’s are not permitted to play in leagues where results are collected or published or winner trophies are presented, this is deemed to be detrimental to the development of the player and the game and will not be sanctioned. To play in a KO Cup game or a game where points are awarded, or results collected, a player must have achieved the age of 8 on or before31st August. Except where other provision, in these Laws are made, the Laws of Association Football apply. Each Law is numbered to correspond with the appropriate Law of the Game. These Laws are mandatory unless special permission is granted by The Football Association

http://www.thefa.com/GetIntoFootball/Players/~/media/Files/PDF/Get into Football/4200MiniSoccerHandbook1.ashx/4200MiniSoccerHandbook1.pdf

##

We have issues every season with new "match report" authors overstepping the need for not inferring win, loose or draw in their match report and are asked by our County FA to step back in line.
    So I can see why this topic has attracted so many votes.

As U8’s are allowed to play in U9 teams we have been asked by our county FA (from this season) to not record the results for this age group just in case (cup games are excluded from this request)

• Pitch Hero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks guys,

Can anyone provide a link to the FA guidelines that state that a match report can't be posted?

@Mark S - understand your request - the original request still stands though and is the one that has attracted 95 votes - we want the ability to post match reports and results for Under 7's and 8's but to block non-members from viewing them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base