I suggest you ...

Ability To Lock Down Under 7's and 8's Results and Match Reports To Members Only

Due to FA Guidelines we need the ability to only allow our members to view the Match Reports and Results for Under 7 and Under 8 teams. Without this we cannot post results or write meaningful match reports.

279 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt DMatt D shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jon FarleyJon Farley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we prioritise this please Pitchero? It's an essential requirement for junior clubs - we are being pressured by our league to remove all results tracking as this does not work. Needs to be functional for age groups up to and including U11s

• Marc OratisMarc Oratis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely It must be a simple process to allow results and match reports to be kept private to members only. The FA guide lines do not allow us to publish results but parents/players like to read match reports and they are being deprived. It does also worry me that this ticket has been floating around since 2011! Do we have to wait another 5 years?by then many of us will have left pitchero?

• Neil FoxhallNeil Foxhall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To have this ticket floating around since 2011 makes me wonder if the importance of it being developed as part of Child Safegurading for Junior teams is being taken seriously. I am webmaster of a club that has 40+ Junior Teams and am under great pressure from our child protection officer to move our site away from Pitchero, which I really don't want to do after having spent a number of years building it up. Every page should have the ability to be marked as Private to Club Members. This is critical

• Simon HarrisonSimon Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As per most of the comments here the ability to mark Match Reports (and elements of) Private is key throughout Junior Sport and useful at a Senior Level too. In a subscription based package we would prefer non members to have a very limited view of our info that encourages them to be come members to see more. (Outside of any rules and guidelines set by governing bodies)

• Darren  O'MearaDarren O'Meara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ah ok. In that case we won't be able to put the result up. This will affect all mini soccer clubs up and down the country due to the FA rules...

• Rich AbramRich Abram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to make match reports private for Junior club members is an extremely important child safety issue which both the RFU and FA along with most other official bodies, take very seriously, as all clubs and members do. Why cant Pitchero give the option to make these public or private, as you do with other areas of the website.

• Owen WilliamsOwen Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add my view

I would like the Results to still appear but that if you are a member of a role for the club you see the score eg 4-1 but if you are just viewing the page and not one of the roles you would just see W-L

The match reports are a little bit of an issue my own children love to read some of the match reports after a game not only of our teams but also from other teams websites as well. My youngest often asks me why they shouldn't see the results.

• Thomas ShepherdThomas Shepherd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could this be extended so that any team's results and/or match reports are able to be hidden? Maybe on a public/private switch, such as the statistics and team selection. This affects any youth football team from Under 11 downwards and is making team managers and administrators decide not to post anything at all rather than repeat the same platitudes (we did/didn't execute what we'd worked on in training) week after week.

• Alex WilsonAlex Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to the other voices - please, please give us the ability to lock down these results/reports - the site is fairly pointless for junior teams as it stands.

• James WeedonJames Weedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A top priority for our club which has caused considerable issues re FA Charter Standard. Our junior squads don't use the site because of this...

• David WilsonDavid Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are a junior football club whose teams thoroughly enjoy reading the match reports and checking player stats. The current reporting restrictions make it impossible for us to generate meaningful reports or statistics which do not give away scores or scorers. This issue has been "on the Books" since 2011 and it seems no actions have been taken by pitchero, The simple solution has been presented many times, make all but the front page visible only to club members. If this issue continues I can see many junior clubs withdrawing from pitchero to other software providers who allow private lock downs.

• Ian ParkerIan Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously Pitchero? Why are match reports displayed to non-logged in website visitors? Why can't I make them private for parents only?

• Steve ProctorSteve Proctor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also Ive contacted my County due to my role as Divisional Sec and they have stated that publishing of scores is in league tables, on websites, papers etc by either the club or league, this includes match reports as they show the result of a game.

The only way around it is to publish scores on a password protected, invite only site.

I know this is only m,y county but they have reached a decision based on some information for it to be as strict as that

• Steve ProctorSteve Proctor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This also extends upwards now with current Under 9's (2013/14) The Youth development review has made all age groups semi competetive (different ages having differing allowable competetive weeks) and as such this means there are still friendly/development games which will extend upto this age group hitting U11/12

I think all ages, certainly at mini soccer (i.e. not 11 aside as 9v9 is included in that scope) be able to lock fixtures, results and reports to members only so that the site/page can still look full to those with access while protecting the kids identities and staying within FA rulings

• Liam WhiteheadLiam Whitehead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to just be able to add a match report with general comments like player X was MOM, player Y showed some great footwork etc. The need to add fixtures and results is just an added complication for junior teams and is not necessary.

• Richard MathiasRichard Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We agree with most of comments below that U 7 U8 & U9 results should be able to be locked down so members or event parents only can see these and yes for next yr u 10 and the following year u 11

Come on pitchero gives us an answer if this is coming soon please

Upper Hopton

• Club SecretaryClub Secretary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this get resolved? I'd also like to share match reports for u9/8/7 but cannot mark as private to members only.

Pitchero - can this be done?

• Andrew ParsonsAndrew Parsons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add, the FA have banned under 9 reporting and scores as well now so this age group would need locking down as well

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base