I suggest you ...

Documnet Folders

Would it be possible to add folder option to the document section?

This would allow more structure to the documents instead of a long list, almost like folders on your computer?

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Margaret Pollard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Roman Neal responded  · 

It is possible to add documents to groups which allow you to structure your documents like folders.

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Stephenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can kind of do this allready by creating a new article and naming it what would like the "folder" to be named then create multiple pages to be sub folders, and attach the files to those pages. On our site i dont have the documents page live but i have created seperate articles for public/staff with pages/sub folders in each and linked the apropriate files.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ipswichcraneshockeyclub/a/staff-documents-30650.html

This wouldnt be ideal if you need lots of folders as you would end up eith a large list in "club info" you could also do a news item for recent files people need to see and link the file to that so its easy to find but this wouldnt help anyone needing to look back through old files. So being able to add folders of files anywhere on the site would still be a great help.

• Si Warmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No parent/coach is going to bother trawling through pages of documents to find the one pertinent to them. Make this section usable and a valued asset for the club...
    "We want folders, when do we want them..."

• Kingstonian FC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to be able to use the documents page effectively, there has to been some sort of categorisation option.

Otherwise, and despite being able to change the document order at present, it's inevitable that items will get buried in the mess.

• Mark Mckenzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see others think the current documents structure is a mess. For this page to be useful we need the ability to categorise documents into folders. Like another post, we have committee minutes coming out thick and fast and our documents page is becoming unwieldy!!

• Vicky Donachie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brilliant idea as at present the documents section is a mess.

Please Pitchero do it before the start of the rugby season!!

• Steve Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agreed - I have monthly club minutes I wish to publish and it would be easier if they were all listed under a 'minutes folder'?

Feedback and Knowledge Base