I suggest you ...

Enable webmasters to manage the Weekly Roundup email

Currently our Weekly Roundup email is not providing the functionality required.
I'd like to be able to setup separate Roundups to which I can dictate the regularity (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) and assign groups of recipients (eg one for Seniors, one for Youth, one for Players, one for Supporters, etc).
I'd then like the email to contain more than just the links to an event or news item, for instance displaying the starting line or two of a game report will encourage people to actually follow the link to the rest of the report.
Right now the Weekly Roundup is actually discouraging people from registering or making people remove their email from their profile.
Given the pivotal role a regular communication like this could play in club management it's absolutely vital that we are able to manage what members receive and how often.

74 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Barrie RobertsonBarrie Robertson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Jon MilsomAdminJon Milsom (CTO, Pitchero) responded  · 

We are reviewing all outgoing communications both automated and manual.

You can already send out your own content via the “communication” system.

Clubs using the “Standard” and “Pro” packages can also control the content of the weekly roundup, upload a custom header and change the default sending day:
https://www.pitchero.com/user-guides/club-website/settings/settings-weekly-roundup-emails

http://help.pitchero.com/knowledgebase/articles/438965-can-i-control-the-content-of-my-clubs-weekly-round

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike CottonMike Cotton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to re-order the news on the weekly news letter to my members. All I can do at the moment is remove certain aspects but not re-order.
    Thanks

• Alex BirkheadAlex Birkhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The newsletter is very poor but could be excellent -- please give this serious consideration asap.

Currently, full of nonsense and massive waste of space, verging on unusable.

Make lists of fixtures, results, training, events compact/usable.

Only include more where there is a match report, etc.

Allow inclusion of newsletter-only content. Allow more choice/granularity over what is included/excluded.

• Laura ParkerLaura Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We send out our own fortnightly emails so don't want members to receive too many emails. Seems silly to tell them all to unsubscribe rather than to have the option to just stop sending them all together.

• Flor HuartFlor Huart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to be able to edit the format of the weekly roundup. When a club has many teams, it becomes really long, and all we really need is the box with the match times and results.
    In any case have three different templates and let each club choose which one.
    A table with all the results, and then a table with the upcoming matches should be enough.

• Iwan DaviesIwan Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our community club has three separate sections (Seniors, Youths (Boys), Ladies & Girls). There could be up to 17 teams playing on a given weekend! We would like to allow users to subscribe to separate weekly round-up emails for the club/sections/teams, so members with no interest in the Boys section can still receive emails for the Ladies & Girls section.

• Exmouth RFC WebmasterExmouth RFC Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Previous requests are either a bit too wideranging or refer to the old layout, so here we go, hoping these small and specific changes get through:

1. First, and foremost, allow me to change the ordering of news articles to most recent first. Currently it puts the oldest news articles first, which today resulted in the first news article telling people the game was off, but was actually posted a week ago.

2. Choose to publish fixtures first, as I'd like my emails forward looking.

3. Do not publish results if there is no score or match report attached.

It's in everyone's interests that people sign up to receive these emails . Currently people tend to unsubscribe because the first paragraphs are usually of no use.

• Barrie RobertsonBarrie Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Requested 3 years ago and still no meaningful update to the email functionality.
    That's cracking Customer Service...

• Steve RatcliffeSteve Ratcliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having more control over the weekly roundup email would prevent the need to use third party tools like mail chimp to send regular emails. For example, there should be a version of the weekly roundup focussed on Age Group news with Club news as a secondary. It's of little interest to the U12s if the U8s are having a training session for example. A version of the roundup email with U12 news at the top plus club news at the bottom would be great, especially if you can control the maximum age of the news items mailed out.

• Dominic MitchellDominic Mitchell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want a way to turn off the weekly round up. We now use Mail Chimp weekly email which has far greater impact in our members inboxes and still provides the same links back to the website for things that are relevant and of importance to the club.

the current weekly roundup seems to just scrape the RSS feed of the site and send everything, even if it months out of date because nothing new has been posted relevant to the various sections.

• Neil FoxhallNeil Foxhall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree. Currently all the managers email match reports, etc to a central person who then sends the collated email to a wider group. This seems ridiculous. If all managers entered their match details, stats and reports on the pitchero site and then have the system email out the collated details to the club members then this makes far more sense

• Greg HiltonGreg Hilton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until I can manage the contents of the weekly roundup is it possible to change your automatic contents to only include results where a result has actually been entered???

• Mike SutliffMike Sutliff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Giving an administrator an editable draft of the weekly update a day or two prior to automatic distribution would give the Club a prompt to update the site in timely manner for key news items or events and prevent embarrassing repetition or out of date news being communicated.

Feedback and Knowledge Base