I suggest you ...

allow multiple matches/ player selections for the same day

It would be great to be able to publish selections for multiple matches to take place on the same day, to support triangular fixtures & tournaments.

Given that you support a number of sports, and even within one like mine (rugby), match lengths and therefore the of number of matches in a day/tournament can vary, I suggest that users be allowed to specify match length as well as start time, and this be used to inform the otherwise very useful 'clash' error message when publishing selections.

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Linskey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminJoe Smith (Admin, Pitchero) responded  · 

Hi guys,

Just going through some older feature requests and just thought I would give you an update.

Players can be selected for multiple fixtures on the same day.

If you come across any problems, please don’t hesitate to e-mail support@pitchero.com

Thanks,
Joe

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darren Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The multiple fixtures does not seem to allow players to show different availability for the fixtures. This caused an issue where we had a home and an away fixture - players could only indicate available (or not) for both - not one or the other.

• Andy Grason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can you get round this by having two selection squads, and put all your players into both?

Can't try this out without confusing the heck out of my parents.

• Andy Grason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yep - we run an A&B team from one squad, and often play double headers on one day.

Would be good to add in two fixtures, both pointing at the same pitchero squad,let parents set availability for both games individually, then assign the squad across the two fixtures.

It's U7, so we want to be able to move players between A&B from one week to the next as they develop at different rates.

Before anybody comments - don't worry, we're not "double - playing" our best players ! ;o)

• Lincoln Bunning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We play 2 games of Inline Hockey almost every weekend.(on the same day)
    The problem I see is, it's only the second game that gets displayed on the home page 'Draw', not the first.

• David Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This would be great. At the moment we have to add the fixtures for different days so we can setup the teams, then once a team is selected switch the date back to the correct date fo rhte fixture.

As an example we had an away game today, where we played 2 teams from one club and 1 team for another club all part of the same away fixture. We also have 3 tournaments coming up between now and April where this would be a great feature rather than having to do the above workaround.

We like to have these setup as individual fixtures to allow us to do match reports, results, stats and photos for each of the matches.

Feedback and Knowledge Base