I suggest you ...

Different forum permisisons

Allow forums to have different permission levels, example senior players can only access senior forums, junior players cannot access senior forums but can access their own forums. Don't want kids viewing senior comments etc!

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Greg Telford shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  Daniel Greenhalgh responded  · 

We have existing functionality for an authorised members only forum.

We will not be introducing further privacy settings.

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, and also think you should be able to add comments about the use of the each forum section and what should be posted in there, ie. language to be used, the purpose of the section.

• George Deaves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. I assumed this would already be possible, and when trying to set it up, I found it not to be possible.

We would use this as others have commented. A committe section, a senior and junior divide etc.

• Johnny Winter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea! We wanted to set up a committee section in our forum which we do not want all members to see - would be a great feature and is fairly standard on forum platforms outside of Pitchero

• Chris Renshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have built and hosted a separate forum and disabled the Pitchero forum for the reasons expressed here which will take traffic away from Pitchero.

We have senior players whose post match forum banter is entirely unsuitable for junior players or their parents.

• Ken Key commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this. having sections that are restricted by group e.g. senior, Junior or minis as well as a coaches only section would solve a lot of issues.

• Alan Press-Officer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. We have a rival team whose players have kids at our club because they have no junior setup. They need to be memebers to see their kids match reports, but that also means they can see everything are seniors say in the forums which is not good!

• Tom Keep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is massivley important!! The forum needs to be able to lock down sections based on team(s).

Currently we cannot use the forum because we can't allow junior members to see content that is meant for the seniors. This will affect all clubs who have a junior section, which means that a large propertion of pitchero users are missing out on some core and very useful functionality, which I do not think would take too much work to implement.

Feedback and Knowledge Base