I suggest you ...

Facebook Page integration

We have an active Facebook page for our club (https://www.facebook.com/ExmouthRFC). Whilst engagement with club members is good on Pitchero, Facebook is very important for engaging the wider community via social sharing, particularly the Junior players.

Given the degree of duplication in some areas (photos, news), it would be nice to see some integration.

136 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Exmouth RFC Webmaster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  AdminJoe Smith (Admin, Pitchero) responded  · 

Hi Guys, a Facebook feed and automatic sharing of news items to your Facebook page is now supported on the Club Website platform. For more information, access the Social Accounts page in the Settings section of the Club Control Panel.

If you have any questions, please email support@pitchero,com.

Kind Regards,
Joe

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rebecca Lovie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to integrate events with Facebook too? i.e. meetings, social events etc? As mentioned sometimes Facebook can be the easiest way to engage with wider audiences and recruit new membership so we tend to set most of our events up there. We also set them up on the website, but then members get confused about whether they've signed up or not, and if an event detail gets changed it normally only gets updated on Facebook which can be confusing too.

• Louise Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How's the integration coming along? You have twitter. Also I'm interested in linking Instagram? Don't mind if we drive it from the website.
    Thanks,
    LOu

• Mark Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the RSS feed to posts news and match reports to Facebook & Twitter.

Setting the website to Push items to social media would be simpler so please consider making the Pitchero the master for republishing items to social media

• Donna Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see this happen, Facebook is so widely used now, you need this to keep your website fresh and appealing to people using social media these days.

• jason mcgrath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have a similar problem,very active facebook page and people want to tag themselves in photos on pitchero and those photos are automatically tagged on there facebook time line.

• Adrian Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ross, we automatically publish news items to Facebook and Twitter using dlvr.it. I can't remember off the top of my head all the steps involved but it is already possible to do what you want.

• Lincoln Bunning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

God yes, this would make life much simpler. At the moment communications are split.
    It's a pain in the b@m trying to communicate with everyone.

• Ross Macfarlane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful if this process could be done automatically with news items, and match info.So any time a new article was posted on our club web site it automatically goes on to the club facebook and maybe Twitter accounts. Obviously this should be a selected function by web masters.

• Dean Vale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

I would like to know what is happening with this, being as the last posts on this are some time ago. Can you please confirm what is happening ???

As the webmaster I have setup the new ETFC club website and an integral part of publicising the club and new website is it's Facebook page/presence.

Despite adding the Facebook page address to the control panel, there is no mention of, or feature of the Facebook page on the website at all....????

• Brian Humphries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is happening with this are you any closer to getting this live? To have the facebook option in the homepage section and not be able to use it is a bit strange. I'm able to get the twitter feed to work.
    Please can we have an update pitchero?

• DACC Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just copy the URL from the team selection page and paste it in a status update. Facebook will automatical generate a preview which you can edit, change the thumbnail etc. only takes a minute and then players can click on the link and it takes them from facebook to the team selection page.
    You can use this method for News, Events, any page on your pitchero site.

• Mark Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So what is the purpose of the Facebook Link option, in the WCP; Homepage section?
    Under the Domain name & Twitter path fields, we have the option to put in our Facebook path, which I have done. However, there is nothing visible on the Homepage. I have entered the Twitter link, which resulted in the Twitter 'feed' appearing under the Tables/Results/Fixtures section, which is a nice addition, but no sign of Facebook.
    To those who haven't done it yet, you can put in your own link to Facebook as one of the 3 Homepage Links you are allowed. Obviously it's not 'proper' integration, as nothing appears on the pitchero website, but the link does provide easy access to open a second window directly to our facebook account. Check it out at www.pitchero.com/clubs/lansdown .

• Oldham RUFC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When Selection is done - the palyers get an Email. Some of these guys only use email to log into facebook so any way of notifying them through their direct facebook messages would be good.
    The Sharing to facebook options have been an absolute excellent improvement.

• Bear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also looking to integrate our club Facebook page with our Pitchero website, and potentially direct even more users to our website, via links on Facebook.

• Steve Grigg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important. Pichero has the like button linked to their facebook.
    That is not any good for our teams. We need to be using social media per club to drive traffic to the clubs website to get more traffic, more interaction and then pichero can serve more ads and get more money.
    This way you are not helping at all. It is limiting the use of club sites. You will loose everything to Facebook if you are not carefull and pitchero will just be fixtures and no news so no need in going on it.

• Ba ts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree! Facebook the link and get your team to vote! I'll do the same.

Feedback and Knowledge Base