I suggest you ...

Rugby First / NGB integration

To attain the RFU's whole club seal of approval, you need to enter all your players data into rugby first and get them signed onto that. As a lot of that is duplicated effort of what has to be done for this website... could you either:

Come to an agreement with the RFU so that registering on your site, also registers you with Rugby First? (Would certainly give more clubs an incentive to join your site)

or

Have an exportable spreadsheet that is populated with our members details, that also has fields for the extra details needed by rugby first that we can then send on to them?

Cheers,
Mike.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Jackson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Jon Milsom responded  · 

You can now add custom fields which match those required by Rugby First (or any other NGB system). You can also export your entire membership database to a .csv file.

Please email support@pitchero.com if you need help with specific requirements / scenarios.

We are always interested in working with National Governing Bodies, unfortunately this is not always possible.

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mick Reidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is needed. I just spent ages exporting from both sites, comparing and then getting the format right to import. Ideally I would like to enter the details on the RFU site and then import into Pitchero. I would like it this way as the RFU site has the essential information for a club member, player etc..

• mark tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fully agree - there are stand alone self written programmes which bolt onto self made www that some clubs use in order to export data to Rugby 1st so to streamline it and have it validated by RFU would facilitate Rugby 1st integration and prevent rework/ erros arising between the two databases. Last year we had a 35% difference in the two somehow for a single age group...nightmare to reconcile and make accurate this season now I;ve got the responsibility !

• Ruth McHenery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Query is this mainly for Seniors because there could be real issues with Juniors information being made to freely available. I have never entered anyone's information on Pitchero they have only appled themselves the only thing I enter information on is Rugby First. I don't know how this would help. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are asking for.

• Andrew Rook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what about linking club subs to giving them club member status or a club member (paid) status

100% agree on the ability to export the membership data not only for Rugby but for crickets equivalent

• Simon Bebbington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spreadsheet or database: If each player or parent has a row, then columns for personal details publishable on the website (name, phone, email), columns not to be published (club membership number, address). Plus columns indicating club officials, which could then be selected to appear on thethe Officials page or age group page, or both. Would save me spending hours typing in the same names and details over and over when officials rotate, as happened over the summer. Pitchero, if you're interested, i'll send you a visual which may be easier to understand.

Feedback and Knowledge Base