I suggest you ...

Individual Cricket Player Statistics

I would like to go to the statistics page and select a player to view his individual player stats. Obvious example is the current play cricket platform with shows details stats of a player over the last x years.

Big omission in book, especially for cricket.

Nick

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nick Saunders shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Liam responded  · 

Individual player stats for cricket players are now available under the player profile within the team section.

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nick Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, I imagined more detail though ie. season / team breakdowns of averages - as per play cricket layout?

Still falls a little short compared to play cricket.

• Paul Alcock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on pitchero - this is basic for cricket clubs - the fact we cant even show stats based on league, cup friendly etc is shocking!!!

• Nick Saunders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I proposed this 828 days ago, it's been planned for at least half that time. Any updates on this?

• Paul Gundry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Pitchero please give us cricket clubs an idea when we will be able to do season by season statistics - this is very important for leagues like the Hampshire league particularly at when we get to the end of the season.

• Neil Thorne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Most cricket leagues now insist clubs use Play-Cricket to record match statistics. As it's an ECB provided facility I can't see people moving away from its use. In my opinion Pitchero needs to accept that Play-Cricket will be used and provide an easier ability to link to the stats sections. Play-Cricket can't do most of the functions that Pitchero provides but it is the de-facto standard for stats which it does very well with collaboration between clubs and leagues.

How about the ability to add a hyperlink against a player's Pitchero profile to link to their Play-Cricket stats? Likewise in a match report the ability to include a hyperlink out to the scorecard on Play-Cricket.

• Henry Ledden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, no need to use Pitchero until the Play Cricket integration has been sorted. It's a requirement of the Sussex league to use Play cricket so it would be better to only enter the stats once.

• Steven Rolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the latest update on this please Pitchero - my players have voted that this is an essential on our site, either we get it soon or we will be looking elsewhere! :(

• glynn thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature please. We all seem to be in the dark on a roll out date and unless I'm missing something feedback from admin appears to be non existent.

• Mark Sampson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have an update on this please? We are currently trying to put in our historical stats and the whole stats section is very important for cricket clubs!!

• ambous@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still planned? I note this is marked as 'planned' BUT this was raised last year!

While a decent enough service, there are other services out there so it is a BIG ommission from the Pitchero site (for cricket) that there are no individual (player) stats or a collated club stats page.

Some improvements could see the following:
    - stats available at the individual page (currently unavailable!)
    - overall 'club' stats (at the moment, there is no way to link different XIs)
    - the same player being part of more than one team (ie Sat 2nd XI, Sunday XI)
    - bowling stats should be in terms of overs bowled (not number of balls)
    - number of maidens bowled included in the stats
    - averages should be to at least 2 decimal places... currently 1dp which looks odd
    - being able to 'filter' stats to a user-defined min requirements (ie number of innings, number of wickets etc)
    - top perfomers summary (ie most overall runs, most League wickets, best economy rate etc), based on user-defined min requirements

I'm sure there are lots more that others could suggest but its a bit poor that there are still no stats on a player's page!

• Adrian Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Despite the weather the season has kicked off and these stats would help us draw users into the site.

• Adam Gee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree with Nick

Pitchero needs to look at the Player & Coach Stats, because if you click on a individual player his stats are unavailable. This section needs looking into as its a massive part of the website which every cricket team needs to have.

Please look into it soon.

Adam
    South Milford Cricket Club

Feedback and Knowledge Base