I suggest you ...

Add a "Selection Complete" flag to fixtures

As a parent, I can set my sons' availability for fixtures, and if they are selected I get an email, which is great.

However, the problem is that if they are NOT selected, I get no information - not even an email to say that the selection process is complete.

As the selection could take place any time up to and including the day of the fixture, this means we cannot free up the "maybe" slot in our family diary, unless we manually contact the relevant team manager to say "have you done the selection yet?" (which is embarrassing for us and him if the answer is "yes and sorry your son hasn't been selected").

I have tried logging in to see if I can find the selected team list, once I'm fairly certain the selection has taken place, but I can't see it anywhere, so there doesn't seem to be a way to confirm if it is complete or not.

My suggestion is that you add a "Selection complete" flag to fixtures, so that this situation can be better managed.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Beverley Sanders shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Beverley Sanders commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be clear, the purpose of the "Selection Complete" tag would be that parents could be certain the selection process had ended. It would then be reasonable for them to assume that if they haven't heard anything then their child has not been selected.

As this is a self-check facility, it is much less awkward then sending everyone an email to say selection has completed and they weren't selected, which is the default alternative (and requires an admin overhead).

(Although some clubs may flag completion of selection by publishing the team list, many clubs don't, for very good reasons related to Child Protection policies and/or competitive considerations).

Feedback and Knowledge Base