I suggest you ...

Create/ enable shared calenders. (iCal etc)

Would it be possible to enable the use of shared calendars (e.g. iCal)that users can subscribe to on their mobile devices / PCs in order to get the fixtures/ results of a particular team. E.g. Calendar of 1st XV fixtures [and results once updated] would be available on mobile phone calendars once user has subscribed to that calendar.

This could also be applied to club events.

Any adjusts to a teams fixtures / results or new events update the online calendar and in turn the users calendar on their mobile device.

6 nations Rubgy fixtures are currently available via subscribed calendar (http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/downloadable_full_fixtures.php)

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian Spurling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last season you could select the teams etc you wanted on the calendar and then click subscribe and you would get a link to subscribe to those teams fixtures etc, this would then be updated as and when the website was. This function appears to have been removed/changed and now I only get a one time download of the information as at the time of download. Is there anyway to reinstate the original "subscribed" calendar function?

• John van Uden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

trying to avoid using another platforms shared calendar but looks like needs must... ical items are not synchronised they seem to be a one time static download of all items.

• Nick UNDERWOOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be really useful to have an 'internal' events Calendar onto which we could schedule activities such as catering, conferences and functions. If that could then just be made available to view by those people relevant (bar staff, stewards, committee, etc) that would solve this issue of keeping a single diary. Please can you help???

• Kevin Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just thought I'd give feedback.

It seems to work well for what we need. I can export from Pitchero and then import into a (new) google calendar that is created by our "club" google account, which then goes onto our phones.

I've tested changing the times of the events on the website and re-extracting. I was concerned to see if it would duplicate the event rather than change it. All seems good.

Our members will be advised that the events are "read-only" on their phones and that they might be a little out of date - I accept that it has to be done manually at present, but could that be a "phase 2" enhancement?!

I notice that it assumes a "match" is 2 hours which is not often the case for junior tournaments but that is perfectly acceptable assumption in my opinion.

So, from my tests it looks good. Thank you!

• Iain Balmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have created our own calendars for our club and works well, was looking forward to a Pitchero version that was to be managed by someone else but have found a few issue.........

1, When I subscribe to the calendar I only get one event and not the whole season.
    2, The times on the calendar are different from the calendar online.
    3, The calendar doesn't sen to be a managed solution, so when a change is made it won't actually change.

Is the above all correct in my findings?

• Patrick McMeekin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if once you've filled in your availability you could export all fixtures you're available for to a calendar... I presume this isn't possible?

• Ian Burrows commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very helpful especially around the junior age groups to allow parents this function

• Kevin Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is a great idea. It's a piece of cake to link to a calendar from many devices these days and it's ideal to quickly check things when you're out and about. From my point of view I'd want to be able to see all dates (fixtures, events) coming through to the calendar, and probably in a read-only format, but synchronised from the pitchero dates.

In the short term could we just have a csv export off all fixtures/events for the club? Then at least we could manually import them into a calendar on a regular basis.

Kevin, Abergavenny Hockey Club

• philip walton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Calendar option is something we wish to pursue in our rugby club. We have a large number of bookings and events to organise and we would like potential users of the club to have the facility to check whether a date is available. A website calendar would fit the bill perfectly. Let's see if it can be online for the coming season.

• Andy Lelean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also find this feature very useful.
    In addition it would be very useful to be able to add html code snippets, so as to embed various external items.
    e.g. Documents, Calendars, Maps, photos, photo albums, videos etc etc

I assume that you are actively preventing this, so that people are forced to exclusively use your versions of these things.
    The web has developed quickly through collaboration of ideas, and easy sharing of info.

I would encourage you to follow this example and be more open, to allow your users greater flexibility in what they put on their pages.
    If I want to embed something from outside of your servers, let me, does it really matter where the content is coming from so long as we are using your portal and pages to provide the service.
    Don't be fearful and build walls around what we can/can't do, allow us to make our clubs sites be all that they can be, through a full use of what the web has to offer.

Thanks

• Marc Moderegger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - we have a google calendar for our colts fixtures that the parents are used to using. Google has an export to iCal feature. Moving our website to pitchero means we either have to enter the fixtures in twice or we need an iCal export...

• Jim McRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excellent idea to have a calendar on the home page to see all the activities at a click of the button.

Jim McRobert - WRUFC

• Barrie Robertson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. I also think a view of the 'Club Calendar' on the website would be a great feature, displaying all fixtures and events in one place, so people can see what's going on across the club.
    This could then be filtered to show only teams/sections you are involved in and then subscribe to these filtered views.

• Simon Bebbington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - It is a pain having to enter fixtures into iCal. Our fixtures change throughout the season so I have to check them 'manually' and so may miss something. Having an iCal subscription would be esp useful to parents with kids in different age groups to cut down on 'manual' checking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base