I suggest you ...

Allow wider access to the Communications Control Panel for emailing Parents and Players

Team Admins and Coaches regularly need to email players / parents and other coaches yet the Communications part of the control panel is restricted to Webmasters only. It would make communication more effective if teams could be utilise this feature.

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Janicke Aitken shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Newark RUFC - WEB SITE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The above request has raised its head again and with the new Communication system it now seems more important. There is also a need for Team admins within a club to be able to communicate easily with each other (ie different Teams/Squads often share ideas, Functions etc)
    So the above requested feature would make this easy to implement. I would suggest that each Team admins access control does make its entry level have default filters in place for the specific squad that the Team admin operates for.

• Andy Goldsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just logged in a team admin and i cannot access the coms panel??

I think this is essential as we have team managers at each age group

• Simon Annicchiarico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been changed / improved as a feature yet? This is a really essential improvement for us. We still have lots of coaches using Teamer for player communication, as they can't get access to this functionality. Please can we get an update / improvement on this? Thanks.

• J Perks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please provide Team Admins, with the ability to communicate with more than one side without having to move between teams.
    Ie a 3rd Team Admin may need to communicate with 2nd & 4th Team Players etc in addition to the 3rd team.
    The message he wishes to send is the same. We will have granted him admin rights to each team but he needs to switch between teams and recreate the message (Copy -Paste what ever) to send the message to all in his communication need.

When we grant the Admin rights to multiple teams can the communication lists be shown for each site in a similar way to the way a Web Master sees them.

OK you may say grant Web Master status but that opens up another bag of worms and access to areas we would want to protect.

Surely in the Team Admin Communication system channel just putting the Web Master communication operation is a good idea and brings an efficient method on board for all Team Admins.
    They must need at some time to communicate with many more people than just the people in their direct squads?

So Maybe the answer is just to grant to all Team Admins the ability to use the full communication facility in the same way as a Web Master operation?

John Perkins - Newark RUFC

Feedback and Knowledge Base