I suggest you ...

Create an iPhone app

Notifications straight to your phone, such as club news, inbox, team selection, match reports etc.

344 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam May shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • neil@sheldon.me.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to simply post the photos taken on my iPad straight into my news items on the fly. At the moment I have to upload the text bit then send my pictures via email from one device to another for later editing of the post!

Please make the site/upload section apple friendly :)

• Essex County RFU Secretary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Twitter already does this - and you can use it for so many things especially when clubs RT (retweet) events and announcements. no need to reinvent the wheel !!!!!

• John Roberts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

iPad app to capture scores and reports pitch side for minis games. With 5 or 6 on a day
    Er age group lots of parent journalists would make for excellent content.

• Alan Atkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An app for iPads would be useful too - apparently some of my members are having problems accessing the site.

• john pryde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'home made' apps are fairly simple to knock up. Im aware theres a multitude of downloads available.
    you could create an app yourself with simple links to specific elements within your pitchero site, but am I correct in thinking this is only available if Pitchero allows API feeds?
    that way an app button that wanted to open up a specific league table for example, could do so without having to display the whole pitchero page (which would be impractical)
    I'd suggest this is the way forward as each team/league could create their own customised app specific to their needs.
    perhaps pitchero could even develop its own 'app maker' available for a small fee. I'd wager that would be far more popular and useful that any of the packages currently for sale.

• Web Master commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PitchHero really needs to look at making the site mobile friendly. We've had to create a youtube channel as pitch hero videos are not accessible on Iphone's or Ipads. The site would benefit an app the advertisements carried should pay for this.

• Martyn Cheatle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I came across an app one that would let you tweet as you watched the game, so at the start of the game you would click start on the app, then every time you made an entry it would translate to something like '14:05' Great cross from the right but headed over by player.

The 14:05 is the amount of time the game has been in progress... For the life of me I can not find this app again.

• Simon Bebbington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could maybe create a paid for app, which you can use to create match statistics and match reports (eg have a button for try, penalty etc, team list to show who scored, scoreline after score etc, substitutions). this could then be uplaoed to team page without having to type up you notes from the match.

• Adrian Hartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Apps can be very expensive to develop for the little extra you get and only work on one platform so you have to develop a new app for other platforms, andriod, blackberry etc. Would it be cheaper and more beneficial to optimise the website for mobile devices? This will allow you to cover all OS so available to the majority of users and not to just one group of phone users.

← Previous 1 2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base