I suggest you ...

Allow articles to be created that are PRIVATE to club members

Clubs often have information that is relevant to the whole club, but should not be shared publicly. To have pages visible to members by category eg. coaches, staff, team managers would be a great addition to the Pitchero capability.

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris ShackladyChris Shacklady shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon HarrisonSimon Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is key to drive our comes from individual teams through various social media platforms into one that associated members can read. Would be useful if we confirmed it was still planned or not 'on the list'

• Neil FoxhallNeil Foxhall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential for youth teams. Currently without this it completely contravenes child safeguarding policies as information on children can be found through general internet searching

• Karl LysaghtKarl Lysaght commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully there will a development on this potential feature soon as there is obviously demand for it.

• Daniel GreenhalghAdminDaniel Greenhalgh (Online Community Manager, Pitchero) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrew,

We are definitely guilty of neglecting the feature requests area - although the majority of our product updates come straight from what our users have asked for.

We've recently begun tidying up the whole feature requests forum and this feature has remained as Planned - this means that we have active plans to introduce this feature in the near future.

We'll keep you updated with progress.

Thanks,
    Dan

• Andy ClarksonAndy Clarkson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to confess that I only realised that this wasn't available when I read this suggestion. I naively assumed this to be a fundamental aspect of any club website that welcomes members to log in.

This needs to be introduced ASAP in my opinion as this may well hinder us in going live with the new website.

• James CatoJames Cato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this moved any further since becoming planned? There don't seem to be any updates?

• Patrick DuffyPatrick Duffy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. we've just gone live on Pitchero and it would be great to have a "Staff Member" document vault! I'll have a play with the forum though.

• Conor KielyConor Kiely commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like this to build a Coaches Corner, which may contain info we don;t want to be fully public. We know we can secure documents - but they still appear in the documents listing, and only give an error when you try to download them - which isn;t ideal.

• Mike LyonsMike Lyons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, especially for match reports.
    The option of "Members only" or via soecific categories ( teams, coaches, etc ) should be investigated.

• Robert Claiborne-DixonRobert Claiborne-Dixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the site ought to reflect the concerns that many people have about ID theft and child protection. It should have the facility so that every item/profile/event/information etc could be marked "Private" (members only), "Public" or "Both". Even better is to be able to sub-divide the "Private" element into internal categories or groups defined by the webmaster. I reckon that it will increase site usage by members, knowing that their information / names / pictures / children / match reports etc aren't "Googleable".
    Come on Pitchero, you can do it!

• Tom KeepTom Keep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have recently joined Pitchero and think the site is great! We would like to be able to make certain articles private though. I am very happy that this is now a planned development!

• Adrian HartmanAdrian Hartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The way we have got round this issue is to create a page within the Articles section, make the page live and navigate to the page which will be found in the Club Info tab.

Then copy the new page URL and then turn the page off again so the link can not be seen within the Club Info tab.

Then within the Forum section, create a secure forum and add notes about your page. Then paste your hidden URL allowing members only to navigate to the hidden non live page.

Adrian

• Andrew PerryAndrew Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't we already have this facility in the Documents section of Club Info? If not, then I agree it would be a good move.

• richard pottonrichard potton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that match reports should have the option to be made private particularly in the case of u8's where results cannot be published. Our u8's teams want to produce match reports (and thereby use the site) for viewing by parents etc but are unable to because the rules not not permit publishing of results. An option to make these private would be of great use to the younger teams.

• GCYD WebmasterGCYD Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to have new articles flagged as either public or private would be a great option. There are things that can be readily shared with the general public who log into your site but there are other things that should only be visible to persons who have been accepted as members of the web site.

Fred Gittings

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base