I suggest you ...

News articles to have downloadable attachments

Can we have the ability to have downloadable attachments (pdf,doc etc) to News articles as well as the ability to add images please

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
DEAN HAWTHORNE shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Liam responded  · 

Great News, you can now attach documents to club and team news items.

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Simon Bebbington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great idea - especially as the notes for the 38 brews on sale at out beer festival came as a pdf, and I don't fancy typing them up for the news page! I've added the pdf into the documents section and added a hyperlink, but it's not the same as having the pdf appear onscreen. Am i right that jpgs can be added at present, so it shouldn't be too hard to add pdfs...

• Tony McClure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alessio have tried your workaround, not really any help.
    I cannot get it to create a hyperlink just the address that they have to copy and paste into browser

• Ian McMahon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be really handy for my match reports as well as news articles where users can download uploaded documents. .pdf .doc .xls would cover most documents. Thx

• Alessio Pagliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,
    Are you using a workaround for this one? I might give it a try in a very short while as I will need to do something about this as well but I'm pretty sure I will be happy with what's available at the moment.

What I'm thinking in my mind is to :
    1) Add a new document/brief intro under documents
    eg http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nostrofc/d/documents.html
    2) Look at the result under the documents section (check/verify it's been enabled first)
    Point the mouse over the download icon, right click, properties and take note of the URL
    eg http://files.pitchero.com/clubs/3262/Updated_Tracksuit_rainjacket_bag.doc
    Use this link on the article you need...if you can use HTML on the articles than you can recreate exactly what you need, if not use the URL

I hope this helps
    Ale

Feedback and Knowledge Base