I suggest you ...

remove the activity feed on the main page

Pitchero did a great thing setting up the poll's that you can have on the front page but then hides it below the activity feed. we do not need this it adds nothing to the website if someone comes along and looks at the site why does he care what I did 21 days ago when I added a result.

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Craig Gealy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminJon Milsom (CTO, Pitchero) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates on this, in short we developed a solution to this but scrapped it in favour of a larger project on the homepage which will also address requests around twitter etc, we've got some updates coming to the match information pages (again addressing some of the issues in other feature requests), after that we'll be back on this. We've started to post our updates on our Blog which we will be promoting once it is fully off the ground:

http://blog.pitchero.com/

• Paul Bierman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any accurate timescales on when any changes will be made to the feed - or any of the other recommendations users have made on this forum?

• David Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please remove the activity feed or just leave the last 5 posts, we have just started the website and adding lots of info, the feed is distracting from the important information. Thank you

• Richard Galliers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any movement on addressing the Activity Feed issue? I notice the issue was under review in June and changes were to be in place by the start of the season.

• Youth Admin 1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The activity feed doesn't bother me too much, but i'd agree with making it smaller or removing the pictures. However, i would definitely vote to move the poll above the activity feed. No-one is using our polls, which suggest most probably don't see these because they are so far down on the homepage.

• Martyn Sexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't publish team selections, but I use it to keep track of who's available or not available. However, changes still come up in the newsfeed.

• Tony Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be a lot better if the webmaster had the option to delete post if they become to old,as i hate seeing post from 21 days ago.

• Web Team commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are we any further advanced on this, we have been chatting about this for months so would really be grateful if we could get an update.

• LCFC Media commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least if someone adds an article and someone comes along and makes a minor tweak or edit, the original author of the article should keep his name as the author! Not the person who comes along and changes 1 character.

• Chris Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm still not convinced that it adds a great deal to the home-page, and, if asked, would (still) vote for its removal. With it, and the large advert, taking up a large amount of space, it means having to scroll down for the fixtures/results/tables - these surely deserve greater prominence?

If it does remain, could it take up less space - last five 'posts' and much smaller avatars would help?

• Paul Bierman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it has to stay can you remove the picture as that would then free up space and allow the poll to move up the page.

• David Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like it for showing the most recent updates but it could be smaller, not show so many updates and not have the pictures

• Alan Press-Officer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the activity feed, it gives anyone visiting to see in an instant if something has been updated. However, I do agree that seeing updates from 21 days ago is largely pointless. Would be good if the box contained the last 5 updates say, and then anything older got removed. This would allow the poll feature to 'feature' further on up the page.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base