I suggest you ...

remove the activity feed on the main page

Pitchero did a great thing setting up the poll's that you can have on the front page but then hides it below the activity feed. we do not need this it adds nothing to the website if someone comes along and looks at the site why does he care what I did 21 days ago when I added a result.

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Craig Gealy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Steve Spencer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this - please remove the activity feed from the homepage. it adds absolutely no value to the website. It's a valuable space on the website so could maybe be used for something like the Twitter feed or similar?

• Alan Scorey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely the amount of comments and votes on both this thread and the idea i shared which is similar show that this is seen as important to many webmasters. Will pitchhero be doing anything about this?

• James Wilcox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the Poll feature needs to be higher up the page as no one notices it at the bottom. Why not put the poll above the activity feed or even below the photo/video section?

• MUFC Reporter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Pitchero, do the right thing and remove the activity feed as it serves no purpose. Perhaps you could even replace it with some sort of fixture list covering the next ten or fifteen fixtures and also move the league table up the page a little. Is there any need to have a photo/video section at the bottom as well?

• Saad Ijaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this going to be looked at? We as a Cricket Club Joined Pitchero in Feb 2012 hearing good reviews and great testimonials about the site, unfortunately on the surface things look great but deep down below the site lacks with many basic functionalities. In this instance, I would just like to say, can Pitchero please look at this request raised almost 10 months aggo! We want the polls appearing at the top.

• Andrew Rook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have ability to remove it if you want as a webmaster or sort the order of this section rather than remove it .

• Martyn Sexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a shame that it hasn't been addressed since the 22 June comment from Jon above and the wishes of most people here.

I expect it will be priority amongst those that returned the survey too.

It would be nice to hear why this has been low on the Pitchero developments when repositioning the pole would be simple programming.

• Nick Peak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - PLEASE move polls up the front page and remove activity feed. Thanks in advance

• Martyn Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just noticed 50 people want the polls moved up the front page. As moving or removing the activity feed will achieve this the 2 things are linked and that means it's the one thing people want to see the most with 146 votes!!!

• Martyn Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nobody ever votes in our polls because of where they are positioned on home page. To have polls is great but the activity feed placement means that they never get seem or used.

• Martyn Sexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are 31 votes as well on "Remove the pictures from the Activity feed" and 48 votes on "Move the Poll up"

Come on Pitchero, as these are connected, please make a lot of people happy!

• mike yeats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread went on most of last season, it seems a simple thing. Pitchero, want to hang on to the activity feed (Apparently some one said they liked it), and here is the simple thing, most people seem to be agreed, get rid of the picture it takes up too much space. and bring the vote to the top.
    Can we end this one once and for all.

• Peter Horsfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No one votes for the Poll as they scroll down as requested but it takes too much and they then feel they are wrong before they get there. Great website in all other respects.

• Web Master commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still under consideration? It really does let down what could be a great website.

Feedback and Knowledge Base