I suggest you ...

remove the activity feed on the main page

Pitchero did a great thing setting up the poll's that you can have on the front page but then hides it below the activity feed. we do not need this it adds nothing to the website if someone comes along and looks at the site why does he care what I did 21 days ago when I added a result.

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Craig Gealy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminDaniel Greenhalgh (Online Community Manager, Pitchero) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,

After reading some of the comments in this feed, I just wanted to let you know how you can make the homepage show only news in the activity feed.

If you go to your WCP > Site Themes & Settings > Homepage > Scroll down to the "Activity Feed Default" section > Change this to News and click save.

This means that the activity feed will default to showing only news items.

Any problems, email support@pitchero.com and our support team will look into this for you.

Thanks,
    Dan

• wayne loxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree - please revert back to the activity feed on the left hand side to allow genuine club articles to be seen easily. Please also stop sending unwanted videos about England Rugby that have to be moderated

• Jon Backhouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New front page gives a very bad impression of the club as it is our window to the market place. Please revert back AND remove activity feed as required on an individual club basis

• Adam Silver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The home page looks a mess now, why do people want to see that a supporter has added the I phone app over a recent result, makes no sense to me. the old version was perfect - why change things if not broken !!

• David Hucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The activity feed was previously down the left-hand side of the home page and, whilst a bit untidy because of the split into different sections, was a lot better than the new layout. Can we either revert to the old layout or remove completely?

• Jon Faulkner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the comments, perhaps have the default "landing" page (homepage) as the News rather than all?

• Andrew Smart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely hate it. It absoulutely detracts from the home page and needs to go now............

• Martyn Sexton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh dear, the activity feed has now been made bigger and taken over the website!

Not many people asked for this

• RAY GREEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new changes look Dark and dull the pictures have become blurred the club colours are now not very noticeable and they all look the same. why mess with something that the clubs obviously think look good already ? and have taken hours making them unique to their club.

• Robert Padbury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have the option to remove it as simply not needed by ourselves and it seems alot of other clubs are in agreement!

• Administrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we not simply have the option like a tick box whether to show the activity feed or not? I would prefer to keep it as visitors to the site can see if there has been any recent updates

• Simon Annicchiarico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when the changes to the homepage will arrive, as obviously the start of the season has passed. Will it include a responsive design site template to adapt to tablet and mobile devices? Will it work with IE browsers on touch devices? Thank you.

• mike yeats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The activity feed issue has been rumbling on for a couple of years now, It seems to me most people do not want it. The simple solution is to have the option to turn it off if that is what you want. I see from the message at the top in 2011 it was being reviewed we are now at the fag end of 2013.... Jon and the Pitchero do an excellent job running an excellent site but can we resolve this one once and for all.

• Charlie Pearson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the activity feed is a good thing!

I think it would be better if the photo was one related to the news-feed, report or whatever (if there was one) rather than the mug-shot of the person posting. This would make it more interesting and more eye-catching for the viewers.

• Owain Harry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a simple fix of changing the location of the Poll to above the Activity feed. Maybe as started, also remove the picture as this is not required. But I have stopped using the polls as nobody ever see them, instead we use facebook.

• Mike Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Activity Feed is good. It is one of the first things people look at when visiting our site and is the starting point of banter and comments relating to past, current and future happenings. Please don't remove it or keep it as an option so individual clubs can choose to keep it, or switch bewteen any proposed alternative.

Also can you add "Activity Feed" to the translation option.

Can you make the primary headers more flexible in positioning and character spacing in the translation option.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base