I suggest you ...

Allow formatting (bold, itallics, underline etc) within match reports & new items etc.

This would be good for emphasizing parts of the text. If we could change the colour of some text as well that might be good.

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Vicky Donachie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Jon Milsom responded  · 

We have now implemented BBCode accross all our content management systems…. pages, news, events, match reports and forum posts.

You can now format your text, add your own links, include images and add tables etc

http://www.pitchero.com/bbcode/

Update: Blog post http://blog.pitchero.com/2011/08/11/greater-flexibility-when-adding-content-to-your-club-website/

We now have the facility to copy & paste from Excel, as well as preview your content.

17 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adrian Hartman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Evening all, does anyone else find bbcode too basic? I'm not a developer but found the previous set up a lot more flexible and was able to create better formatting and content.

I created a microsite within the article pages for our Mini Festival last year spending many hours transferring it from an external hosting company so the traffic would remain in Pitchero.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/selby/a/2011-mini-festival-16358.html

I was hoping this season it would need minor amendments but now every time you select a tab it opens a new window annoying any user with the amount of tabs opened in the browser.

Any chance of bringing the old page creator back for articles instead of bbcode as there was many other pages we were going to create this season but may build in other sites like Wix and just link to them from Pitchero. Below was the festival site I was going to use last season before moving it to Pitchero.

http://www.wix.com/selbyrufc/festival2011#!

The old festival website looks better but want to increase the traffic on Pitchero to increase our ranking!!

Adrian

• AdminJon Milsom (CTO, Pitchero) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex

Bulleted lists will only have worked as of yesterday. As for your team news, can you email me what you tried to post.... support [at] pitchero.com

UPDATE: Just checked this and BBCode wasn't enabled for Team News! Thanks for pointing it out!

• Alex Birkhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jon: great to see rapid progress, but still working only erratically at best for me.

Just did a Team News post and had to rip out BBcode as not working. Posted Club News else 2 days ago -- bold and urls worked, but not bulleted lists. Is this explicable and something that will work itself out soon? Html tags no longer working at all, so far as I can tell.

Addition of Editor and Preview is great (my code worked fine in preview, but not live..wahwahwah).

Br
    Alex

• Nick Inwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jon

Just wanted to check is the C&P from Excel functionality still on track to deliver this week?
    Thanks

Hi Jon

Yes the tables that were already on the site have formatted perfectly. The issue I have is that we update them every week and they are c.100 lines x 5 columns so to update this within the code on a weekly basis is not really viable hence my issue. I will keep an eye out for the fix going in and in the meantime we will work around the issue where we can

Thanks
    Nick

Hi Nick,

Another developer and I were working on C&P from Excel on Friday afternoon so we should be able to get it sorted pretty quickly.

As an aside, all your previously copied tables should work assuming they were standardly formatted.

Thanks Jon, just to clarify my understanding, once this additional change is delivered will we be able to copy and paste tables from Excel again?

@Alex I'll check this today and get back to you. We will be adding buttons that write the B code for you.

@Nick I appreciate your problem with Excel, we will be introducing a method which will write the code for you before the end of the week.

Cheers,
    Jon

I have contacted the support team however very dissappointed by how this change has been implemented, my site relies heavily on the abilty to copy and paste tables from Excel, this no longer seems to be possible which means I have to manually go through a table with over 100 lines every week to update code - not practical!!

Surely the change could have been in addition to how it was working previously not replace it?!

The whole strength of your proposition was that laymen could 'manage' a site however I feel that the new BBCode has been implemented assuming a level of HTML code awareness that few users will have.

• Alex Birkhead commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BBCode mark-up doesn't seem to be working on News items -- whether coded by me or testing using samples provided... mark-up just shows up in line as text (alternatively, xhtml is stripped out).

By the way, are you any time soon planning to add a wysiwyg editor with alternate direct coding pane (like WordPress or Dreamweaver)? Hand-coding gets tedious, though presumably third-party editors available (any recommendations?)...

FYI: search on this new support forum seems problematic -- 'bbcode' returned nothing, as it seems search only indexes the original entries, i.e. overlooking comments and updates.

• David Quarm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to be able to add html and have asked twice before. You can add html to the dynamic pages but not the standard ones

• Colin Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to enter code also e.g. javascript code - which creates an image for fundraising where the values are editable as it progresses. Also, there are many examples of code which would enhance the website pages available.

• David Webber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What does 'basic formatting' mean exactly? Bold, italic, underline only? How about text hyperlinks?

Feedback and Knowledge Base