I suggest you ...

Increase the scope of player migration tool

i suggest that the player migration tool need extending to cover team coaches and team admins. Currently the migration tool will only allow Team Players and Parents to be moved. However, with most Junior Teams, the parents/coaches and subsequently Team Admins normally follow/step up with the age groups. i beleive there is a definate need to extend the Player Migration Tool to include Coaches and Team Admins

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark Tamplin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sally Critchlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anything changed with the ability to move match reports, photos etc. It seem to make sense to just rename so is there any impact of this proving we do it in the way Mike suggested?

• Terry Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wish I had seen Mike Hobbs idea before of just renaming teams rather than migrating people across teams one role at a time. Sounds much simpler, and you get to keep your team history!

• James Roose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pitchero documentation tells you "DO NOT CHANGE TEAM NAMES"...i.e. we're supposed to migrate everything each year. After doing this once then looking at what it gave me I decided that this was complete nonsense. When you create a team you are creating a team that may stay together from under 6 to under 17 potentially. This team may well contain the same coach( a parent), admin (a parent) etc. i.e. all parents. What actually happens when you migrate players etc. is that all your results stay with the old team...so finding your archived results is a pain. What I decided to do was to go against pitchero documentation and simply rename each age group. As long as you have a proper archive, all our results for YOUR team stay with your team. Each year I create a new lowest age group team, and the age group at the top is archived by making it not visible. The Colts members can then "migrate" to whichever adult team they want if they are still playing.

• Michael Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on pitchero, Be a Hero give the community what it needs to function. we all have lives outside of the forum web pages, We can't afford to loose good folk (Admin) who give their time free of charge. 5/6 Hours to update is totally ridiculous. they need time with their family's. not spend hours and hours flogging a dead horse

MG

• Mike Hobbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I whole heartedly agree with this suggestion having spent five, yes FIVE hours this afternoon (of my holiday I might add) to updating manager contact details, team photos, team admin access etc. and then to find there is no way of moving the fixtures/ results up a year to follow the team as the progress over the years. Pah. A measly 5/10 for the current system and that's only because the player & parent migration was easy. Come on Pitchero 'let's be having you'!!

• Tony Conway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the match reports, stats, fixtures and results cannot be migrated. What we really need is one tool that allows mass migration of teams, their players, player's parents, team admins, match reports, stats, fixtures and results. No point having an archive to be able to view previous seasons for another team altogether! Our Youth Secretary is having an absolute nightmare transferring 26 teams!!

• Mark Lucas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the coaches don't migrate, fine, but I think the default should be they do migrate with an opt-out if required - certainly the case for Junior Rugby.

• Simon Bebbington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not all coaches migrate with the teams, so need to ensure they do so. team admins must migrate too. Could coach migration be tied in with the details on the Officials page, as editing all coaches details is a chore. Or create a database/spreadsheet of players and edit squad name there, then use that change of name to 'migrate' teams.

• Mark Stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi we really do need to be able to migrate Team Admins.

Coaches come under Players so they are not an issue.

Feedback and Knowledge Base