Feature Requests

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Can we have a page with the player profile so we can put parents info and telephone numbers for our records (team admins)

Can we have a page with the player profile so we can put parents info and telephone numbers for our records

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,

Just going through some older feature requests and just thought I would give you an update.

Member Fields can be added to players to display contact details for parents and guardians. This can be viewed within the Membership Database and Teams.

If you come across any problems, please don’t hesitate to e-mail support@pitchero.com

Thanks,
    Joe

2. Full emails sent by Admins should go direct to the receiver (Not a prompt telling them one is waiting)

I have received a valid complaint about the system and it is summed up by the following:-

I think in today's world that people generally pick up mail on phones, and parents have remarked to us that they need to 'log on' to a computer to pick up mail, and web service is up and down when mobile. Whereby a mail is very accessible instantly.
    We use Pitchero very successfully most of the time but if the info came as. An email rather than 'Joe bloggs has sent you a message' it would be easier.
    I have had info missed…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Liam responded

Club Communication messages are now sent via email to the user with an option to reply via their mail client (i.e. from their phone).

3. Allow Match details (Meet time, Player/Parent information, etc.) to be displayed without having to go through the full selection process.

The full selection process is over-kill for many senior sides, for junior sides it's not really workable, so allow the full fixture details to be displayed without having to go through the full selection process.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi guys,

Just going through some older feature requests and just thought I would give you an update.

Further information such as start and meet times for fixtures have been added to selection e-mail prompts.

If you come across any problems, please don’t hesitate to e-mail support@pitchero.com.

Thanks,
    Joe

4. Feed Table & Results from FA Full Time Site.

Our league is now migrating to the FA results site. Could you enable a feed from the site to our pitchero web site? Both the league table and results are published.

The link explaining how all this works is:

http://full-time.thefa.com/CreateCodeSnippet.do?divisionseason=5784100&league=7615527.

thanks
    mike

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Facebook Page integration

We have an active Facebook page for our club (https://www.facebook.com/ExmouthRFC). Whilst engagement with club members is good on Pitchero, Facebook is very important for engaging the wider community via social sharing, particularly the Junior players.

Given the degree of duplication in some areas (photos, news), it would be nice to see some integration.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Guys, a Facebook feed and automatic sharing of news items to your Facebook page is now supported on the Club Website platform. For more information, access the Social Accounts page in the Settings section of the Club Control Panel.

If you have any questions, please email support@pitchero,com.

Kind Regards,
    Joe

6. Embed videos from other sites like YouTube

We have already posted some of our videos on YouTube and so have some of our players/members. Would be good to be able to embed these existing videos in the Video section of Pitchero and would be a lot quicker than having to encode all the videos again from scratch.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Roman Neal responded

We have now added YouTube embedding as a feature to the Pro package.

7. Have a Calender/Planner embedded for various club activities

On a previous clubs website we had google calender embeded that allowed managers/administrators of the various clubs activities to input events/private functions etc thus everyone visiting the site had could have a month by month lookahead of what was going on. This also included a enquiry/ideas form to post to relevant managers for example avalabilty of volunteers/catering requirements/Clubhouse booking enqiries for any given weekend. This seemed an effective way to provide management/communication of all the clubs business. Could this be considered?

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Jon Milsom responded

We now have a calendar view of all club events and fixtures.

Please see the following articles which illustrate how to subscribe to the calendar via Outlook and iPhone:
    http://help.pitchero.com/knowledgebase/articles/824052-how-to-subscribe-to-a-calendar-using-microsoft-out

http://help.pitchero.com/knowledgebase/articles/824169-subscribe-to-a-calendar-on-your-iphone

We have also now launched functionality for recurring calendar events:
    https://www.pitchero.com/blog/2016/02/09/521-save-time-by-recurring-your-events

8. Add the option to increase the number of Player Events

Currently in the "Manage Players" section on the League websites, Player Events are set at ten, would it be possible to add further events via an "Add extra events" link as per club website league fixtures.
    I recently had a 12-0 score line but could only add the first ten events, so two goalscorers don't get the mention on the site.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  League Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve updated this to 16 for the time being, let me know if you need any more. We do intend to alter this system so that it works like the version in the club website (which let’s you add 5 more rows as Martyn has pointed out below).

9. Increase video quality/size to at least match what's provided by facebook+reduce processing time

Increase video quality/size to at least match what's provided by facebook.

- At the moment 100Mb is waaaaaay too small, no incentive to use pitchero as facebook/youtube would offer you much better options/and bigger files

- The processing time is a bit of a concern as well, could this not be delegated to Webmasters? I suppose the majority of the cases would not have any issues/required anything else than just approve the video?
    I suspect you are not doing this because you want to make sure there's no bad language/etc...could responsibility not be delegated to webmasters?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our new video uploader is now available with increased maximum file size limit & MP4 encoding.

10. Rugby First / NGB integration

To attain the RFU's whole club seal of approval, you need to enter all your players data into rugby first and get them signed onto that. As a lot of that is duplicated effort of what has to be done for this website... could you either:

Come to an agreement with the RFU so that registering on your site, also registers you with Rugby First? (Would certainly give more clubs an incentive to join your site)

or

Have an exportable spreadsheet that is populated with our members details, that also has fields for the extra details needed by rugby first…

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add custom fields which match those required by Rugby First (or any other NGB system). You can also export your entire membership database to a .csv file.

Please email support@pitchero.com if you need help with specific requirements / scenarios.

We are always interested in working with National Governing Bodies, unfortunately this is not always possible.

11. Create an iPhone app

Notifications straight to your phone, such as club news, inbox, team selection, match reports etc.

344 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option/change to merge "fixtures and selection" & "results and reports" to "fixtures and results"

I don't know why fixtures and results are on separate pages. Fixtures show previous games with no scores and results doesn't show any future fixtures. Why not just merge the two? Whats the point of showing previous games on the fixtures page if you don't show the results? it's like they were never played. There's no point listing fixtures twice! Have it on one page.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change 'Senior' to 'Mens'.

Change 'Senior' to 'Mens' in the sections bit or allow them to be edited. Alternatively just add 'Mens' because it is a bit sexist and annoying when the Mens teams are classed as senior whilst Ladies have to have their own section.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi guys,

Clubs can use the translations tool in the Settings section of the Club Control Panel to change the names of navigation options and more.

If you come across any problems, please don’t hesitate to e-mail support@pitchero.com.

Thanks,
    Joe

14. When posting photo's in a match report have the ability to put a caption enderneath

When posting a photo in a match report it would be a good idea to have the ability to put a caption underneath like in newspapers and magazines.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a Team Photo option on Team pages

Currently you can add a team photo to the Players and Coaches page of a Team page.

I think being able to add a team photo on the Team page itself would be better.

It would give the page more content (currently there is team admin, training times and a header and text box). It makes sense to add the option.

Make you sure you click VOTE as the more votes this post gets, the more chance of the request being granted.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Post news items at a certain time

One function I would like to see is to have the option to post a story but either keep it in a pending status so that you can then release with the press of a button, or alternatively set a time for the news to be posted to the website.
    Some examples would be a new player signing for the club, but having to wait for the following day before announcing. The groundwork of the story can be done, and once the all clear is received, it can be posted quicker. The second example would be wanting to release news…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Club Websites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Individual Cricket Player Statistics

I would like to go to the statistics page and select a player to view his individual player stats. Obvious example is the current play cricket platform with shows details stats of a player over the last x years.

Big omission in book, especially for cricket.

Nick

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Individual player stats for cricket players are now available under the player profile within the team section.

18. remove the activity feed on the main page

Pitchero did a great thing setting up the poll's that you can have on the front page but then hides it below the activity feed. we do not need this it adds nothing to the website if someone comes along and looks at the site why does he care what I did 21 days ago when I added a result.

247 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    79 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Site Traffic Stats

Allow Site Admins to be able to see views (hits) for individual pages, articles, forum posts etc. to monitor what are the most popular sections of their website. This could be available under the statistics which presently only shows site traffic stats for the whole of the site.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Stats on individual pages are now available under Social & Insights within Performance in the Club Control Panel.

Breakdown stats are available to clubs with the Bundle Package. Alternatively clubs with the Creative Package and a custom domain can use Google Analytics.

20. Link staff memberships to their commitee member profiles the same way that players are linked.

When club members are requesting membership they can be linked to their player profiles but staff members requestign membership do not get linked to their commitee member profiles.....why not ?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base